Jon Jones knocked out Daniel Cormier to regain UFC light heavyweight title
- Author: Angelo Rivera Jul 31, 2017,
Jul 31, 2017, 0:25
The five-fight main card aired on Pay-Per-View following the preliminary programs on FXX and UFC Fight Pass.
Jon Jones put his rivalry with Daniel Cormier to rest last night after producing a third round knockout victory to win back his light-heavyweight title, but it seems the champion is now looking to set up another massive fight - both literally and figuratively.
For the second consecutive time, Tyron Woodley was booed heavily during one of his UFC Welterweight title defenses. Fan favorite Cris Cyborg did not disappoint in her third-round TKO victory against Tonya Evinger and earned a disclosed $500,000 for her victory. But, UFC boss man Dana White definitely hasn't outright, shot down the proposed bout either. Manuwa was the favourite to win against the man from Switzerland, Oezdemir, who's had a meteoric rise in rankings despite this being only his third fight in the UFC.
- Evinger said her next fight will be at 135 pounds. I love you all, thank you so much.
- Maia said if he had more time to train he would've came to US to do training.
Jones is back and everyone is talking about it. I felt like I stuck to the gameplan. "DC" got kicked to the body. Has (middleweight champion) Michael Bisping ever fought a No. 1 contender? "It's about time for me to be in a super fight".
"So it's fun to talk about, but the reality of it happening any time soon.it's not a reality". Still has six months of USADA suspension. "We knew we were gonna have to get straight to business, and that's what happened. we expected to finish Daniel Cormier". I'm gonna give it to him. "Tonight is trending over a million buys", White said. Jones initiated the clinch and tried a trip unsuccessfully Cormier counters with his own but his opponent quickly recovered.
Ortega seemed fresh the entire fight despite waiting until the last minute to weigh in at 146 pounds Friday morning, almost cutting his long locks if needed.
- White: Whoever wins between GSP and Bisping, Whittaker will fight the victor. At 30, I feel like I'm at my physical and mental prime, ' he said. Model champion. A guy to be respected.
When he got back on top Saturday night by stopping his greatest rival in dramatic style, Jones vowed to appreciate everything he had lost and regained.
- Jones: My team said you could beat Brock. He's shown me these huge paydays are possible. "I just think it's a winnable match-up" Jones observed of the potential pairing.
"I thought the fight was going well", he admitted.