YouTuber cements head in microwave

Firefighters in the United Kingdom criticized the social media prankster's behavior after they were called out to help free him from the "irresponsible" YouTube stunt that saw Swingler placing his head in a plastic bag in the microwave and then pouring seven bags of Polyfilla into the microwave oven, Sky News first reported.

Well the YouTube video prank went very wrong.

The Wolverhampton-based YouTube prankster wrapped his head in a plastic bag and then put his head inside the microwave oven. Firefighters from the West Midlands Fire Service can be seen helping Swingler remove himself from the microwave on the December 7 YouTube video that now has over 2 million views.

A YouTube prankster let fame go to his head and nearly lost his life after a stunt took a wrong turn on Thursday afternoon.

For over an hour, his friends struggled to free him from the microwave "mould" while he breathed using an air tube that was fed to him.

Stuck between a rock and a hard place, this rock climber shows how flexible she can
Imgur 'Stuck between a rock and a hard place, this rock climber shows how flexible she can

As amusing as this sounds, this young man could quite easily have suffocated or have been seriously injured.

"As amusing as this sounds, this young man could quite easily have suffocated or have been seriously injured", Watch Commander Shuan Dakin, officer in charge of the crew who responded, told Sky News. "The mixture quickly set hard and, by the time we were called, they'd already been trying to free him for an hour and a half".

Dakin added that members of the technical rescue team were called to take the microwave apart.

Dakin explained that the rescuers were cautious in the process because they had to use a screwdriver to remove chunks of Polyfilla close to his head.

And even though the group apologised, the fire service said that it was a call that "might have prevented them from helping others in genuine, accidental need".

  • Jon Douglas