Dog almost died after owner dyed it purple
- Author: Delores Daniels Jan 27, 2018,
Jan 27, 2018, 16:45
Pinellas County Animal Services in Largo Florida posted graphic pictures on Facebook of the chemical burns she suffered when her owner tried to color her fur purple (her namesake).
Pinellas County Animal Services guided Violet through her recovery, and a spokeswoman said: 'Please take one thing away from Violet's journey - only use products specifically meant for pets or you could be putting your pet's life on the line'.
Violet arrived at the shelter dyed a violent shade of purple and with chemical burns so bad, staff at the shelter weren't sure she would even survive the night.
But this led to her eyes swelling up and becoming "limp and listless".
The staff at the centre had to shave her fur to examine the damage and were horrified to see her skin was shedding.
Pet owners should not under any circumstance use hair colour intended for human on their pets, the services says.
Way to go, Pinellas County Animal Services and Violet!
'It was clear - Violet was on the mend and she wanted everyone to know it'.
The post continued: 'Violet began to tell us what to do - it started with a little noise; not really a bark, not really a cry.
"And if we ever get an owner identified who did this, then we will work with law enforcement to try and pursue charges", Brightwell said. That's because animals may be prone to lick a wound and swallow the toxic hair dye on their skin. Some pet lovers also like to make their companions look distinct, but may go overboard in their attempts sometimes.
People can be idiots when it comes to their pets.
It received pain medications, scab removals, IV fluids, honey treatments, and antibiotics.
"When the final badges came off we breathed a collective sigh of relief - Violet was attractive".
"Because if she had been taken to another shelter, I think most likely she wouldve been just euthanized", said Anderson, a Tennessee native and Dunedin resident.
After discovering that the dog's skin had already begun to slough off, the team started her treatment immediately. The staff shared a photo of Violet with her new owner on Facebook. "Shes a very sweet little girl".