Nicole Eggert files sexual assault police report against Scott Baio

Actress Nicole Eggert met with Los Angeles Police detectives to discuss allegations of sexual abuse by her former Charles in Charge co-star, Scott Baio, her attorney confirmed. We're told 2 detectives spent 2 hours as Eggert detailed her allegations. that Baio molested her when she was 14, 15 and 16 while they filmed "Charles In Charge" - something Baio strongly denies. She alleged the abuse continued over the next few years, and said that the actor had intercourse with her when she was 17.

Baio has vehemently denied the claims, saying he and Eggert had consensual sex when she 18 or older. Alexander, who played Adam Powell on the show, said that he witnessed some of the alleged sexual assaults.

The outlet noted that, unlike in her previous claims, Eggert compiled a list of witnesses who said they observed inappropriate behavior by Baio during this time. "Nicole Eggert, on national television today, acknowledged that she had no answer to the fact that her core claim of having underage sex was proven to be untrue in a 2013 radio interview, not just in her own words, but actually in her own voice".

The actress, who previously accused Baio of sexually assaulting her when she was between 14 and 17, spoke to Los Angeles police, lawyer Lisa Bloom told the New York Daily News.

Meanwhile, a spokesperson for Baio tells ET that the actor is glad Eggert has gone to the police with her allegations.

"If anyone else has information about this matter please contact us". The incidents allegedly occurred between 1986 and 1990, and there is a question as to whether or not the statute of limitations has run out. "Creep", Eggert wrote in a social media post last month.

Eggert now says the hardest part going public with her allegations is telling her daughters, 19-year-old Dilyn and 6-year-old Keegan.

He claimed in a broadcast on Facebook Live that she "seduced me", and that she wasn't a minor at the time. "If we want to change the culture, we have to bring out the truth, take back control from the abusers and make them listen to the pain of their victims".

The actress first came forward with the accusations against her "Charles in Charge" co-star on January 28.

"We've been demanding since past year that Nicole Eggert bring her story to the authorities", a statement read.

"I don't know if you've ever been on a sitcom set, but on any given day - on every day - and especially Charles in Charge, which was like a picnic every day. there's teachers, parents, family, crew, producers, my dad", Baio told GMA's Amy Robach.

In a later interview on "Good Morning America", Baio said he never even saw Eggert off set.

"How any of this could have happened is absolutely impossible", he added.

Reps for Baio and Eggert did not immediately respond to Fox News' request for comment.

"In those days I had moments of being so hurt and so upset, and even thoughts of ending my life", she says.

  • Jacqueline Ellis